Saturday, October 18, 2008

Well...I am trying hard to stay in a semi-decent mood, but it isn't easy.  


Stepson 1 is being a selfish kid.  He is basically refusing to see us because his dad won't just buy him a car for his 16th birthday.  Can you believe that???  Spoiled much?  DJ turns 16 in a little over a month.  Can you imagine if we just bought each of them a car?  Sure....no problem, right?

We *did* go out and open each of them a savings account with a $2,000 in it.  Not too shabby of a gift IMO.  In fact....I was opposed to that amount....I thought it was too much.  Richard insisted.

So....SS 1 won't come over.  His exact words were, "I don't want a stupid $50 gift card for my birthday"  and  "I just asked you for one thing, and you won't get it for me."

Ugh.  I'm so frustrated.  

One guess where he gets this attitude....and it's not his father.   *rolls eyes*


2 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!

Can I just lock up my 13 year old right now and keep him 13 forever? Well, actually, can I turn back time to when he was a little sweeter and not embarrassed to be seen with his mother in public, and then lock him up and keep him that age forever?! =)

That was a generous gift! He should be thankful!!

Rhea said...

OMG, that's what he's upset about? What a spoiled brat! (no offense)